bits and bites
January 25, 2009
Some seemingly random points:
- I have finally caught up to the new millennium and purchased some ‘Green Boxes’ for groceries you-know-where. See?
- If you are Julie Madore, please contact me. I think you know why.
- Ella and I neglected to do a Top Chef post this week. The show was not that interesting. Fabio wore a Team Fabio shirt. This amused us. Stephan is an angry smoker. I just noticed that Jeff works at a joint called Dildo Beach Club. How can that be good? Entertainment Weekly has an amusing summary here, where they refer to Jeff as a lawn rake with abs. Fabio wears a delicious white John Travolta Saturday Night Fever suit to host Restaurant Wars. His team won because of his charm and self-professed thick Italian accent. He asks a table of ladies if he can light their candle and they all titter nervously. Carla screws up what looks like a chocolate muffin and serves yogurt soup, so the chopping block is between Carla and Radhika. Radhika’s appallingly bad hostess skills send her home.
- A gentleman from Careit named Dave tells us that they are opening a new store in Crestwood, where the old Cameron Meats was. Hurrah!
- Blue Pear won the Foodie Suz birthday dinner poll, clinching 37% of the votes. But damn, $89/plate, excluding gratuity and booze is expensive. I hope it is worth it, Internets!
- I have some cute little quail eggs in the fridge, but no idea what to do with them. Any thoughts?